Thursday, January 26, 2012

UPDATE

"A person can grow as much as his horizon allows"-John Powell

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"-Eleanor Roosevelt


So this coming Sunday is when I pick up where the past Gamma left off. I will be working on Line 3 with the sophomore women and Line 8 with the junior women of our chapter. As I begin to process how I'm going to go about teaching these lines, I want to first examine each of the lines...

"To cultivate acquaintances with many whom I meet": When I think of this line, I think of the people we meet and encounter in our everyday lives: college professors, coworkers, other students on campus, etc. I hope to teach these women how by forming these relationships are extremely important. This can relate to the quote above. Forming those relationships with those we meet can help us grow as much as will allow it to. I hope to teach our sophomore women to live out this line and form those bonds that can sometimes last forever (you never know!).

"To covet beauty in environment, manner, word, and thought": This line is one of my personal favorites. It examines seeing beauty everywhere and anywhere. It simply isn't how one looks or acts; it is also how she carries herself, how she presents herself to the world, and how she views herself. Furthermore, it examines how a woman should believe in herself and see that she IS beautiful in every way. In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt above, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of her dreams".


These explanations are something I hope I can carry on to the women of our chapter this coming Sunday. I have high expectations for myself as their teacher and can't wait to see if what I have planned will be effective.

Stay tuned!

Alpha Gam Love and Mine,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read how it goes! I'm really curious how well the facilitator guides worked for you, too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete